This plugin makes it possible to restrict the access of posts contained in categories by setting a password and giving the impacted categories. The content and the excerpt of these posts are replaced by a password form that the user can fill out to get access. The WordPress generated feeds are modified (the description is replaced by a sentence that you can define).
Here’s the list of the settings (see screenshots for further infos):
- Choose between session or cookie authentication
- Set the password
- Check the categories that has to be protected
- Check the users granted to access the categories without password
- Tell if the excerpt should be displayed or not in resources listing
- Display a custom excerpt before password field
- Set the info message that display before the password form
- Set the placeholder in password field
- Set the error message when typing the wrong password
- Set the valdation button text
- Set the text replacing the feed item description of protected posts
- You can style the form using the available classes
Availabe languages : English (1.5), French (1.5), Simplified Chinese (thanks to Changmeng Hu, 1.4), German (1.4).
This plugin uses php Sessions (more secure) or a Cookie (less secure) to keep in mind the authenticated users. The password is crypted before it is stored. The regular feed content is filtered to avoid content display of restricted categories posts.
- Type “access category password” in the extension adding search form and install it or, after dowloaded the package, extract the
access-category-passworddirectory and upload it to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation
- Active o plugin no menu Plugins
- Go to Settings » Access Category Password to set up the plugin
- Could I protect more than one category
Yes. You just have to check the right checkboxes in the plugin options screen.
- Could I style the password form?
Yes. Beginning with version 1.4 of Access Category Password. You can add in your regular theme stylesheet (style.css) or the dedicated file in the plugin folder (acpwd.css) the selectors and their properties. Here are the available classes:
acpwd-containerclass: the container of all elements that replace the content.
<p>tag containing the customized excerpt. (added in version 1.5)
<p>tag containing the info message.
<p>tag containing the error message.
- Could I display the excerpt or content of a post in the listing but not the content of the single post view?
Yes. You just have to check the “Only single posts” checkbox in admin options panel. The content of the single post view will be protected. This will allow to display regular excerpt of protected posts on other pages like category, homepage, search, and so on… (if your template shows only the excerpt on these pages)
- Could I set more than one Password?
No, sorry, I wanted to keep the plugin simple. But this would be a functionnality that could be added later,…
- Are the attachments in the posts protected ?
No, sorry, I didn’t find yet a solution to solve this. So if someone gets the link to the attachment of a protected post, he will be able to download it.
Contribuidores e programadores
“Access Category Password” é software de código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin:Contribuidores
Registo de alterações
- Working also now on Posts without text
- Added new way to protect categories (you have the choice between session or cookie)
- Define the cookie expiration time
- Form styling
- Possibility to add custom excerpt before password form
- uninstalling the plugin remove all metadatas
- Fixed replacing the content of resources that aren’t in main query
- Fixed text domain issue.
- possibility to grant the selected roles to get access without providing the password.
- Make it possible to show the excerpt (in category listing for instance) even if the article is protected.
- Added zn_CN (thanks to Changmeng Hu) and de_DE translation.
- Added classes to password form to ease the styling.
- Fixed impossible to add working html tags to info message.
- Fixed the modified info message (in admin option panel) not beeing taken in account on frontpage.
- Added the possibility to change the validation button string.
- Better submitting text filtering in admin panel (using WP esc_attr() function)
- Fixed obsolete description strings.
- Fixed the characters already sent error on activation (it was simply an encoding issue).
- Keep now the regular feed (doesn’t replace it) and sanitize it.
- Better session handling (session destroy on logout).
- Fixed wrong custom feed template inclusion path. Sorry for that!
- First release. Thanks for your feedback!