You can add a reviewed product to any blog post and this plugin will display stars at the bottom of said post. Option is provided to hide the ratings from readers. Adding this Schema.org markup will show your rating, author name and price in the Google result and better your search ranking in general. Adding product review markups help you to get more click thorugh rate and better visibility in Google search engine. This plugin is written by Rajesh Namase, the founder of TechLila.
Why You Should Implement Rich Snippets
According to Google, rich snippets “extract and show more useful information from web pages than the preview text that you are used to seeing.” Significantly, Google is using structured data open standards such as microformats, RDFa, schema.org to power the rich snippets feature. Google is is inviting publishers to mark up their HTML. Webmasters can find more detailed information about Google’s rich snippets – Products review here.
Google’s Rich Snippets Testing Tool
Once you install this plugin, and publish your first product review, you can use Google’s Rich Snippets Testing Tool to check your markup and make sure that Google can extract the structured data from your product review post. This tool will display a preview of how your product review might appear in Google search results.
If you have an issue, please contact us via the Contact Us page.
- The Author Product Review official homepage.
- Why You Should Implement Google Rich Snippets.
- Follow TechLila on on Google+ and Facebook.
Thanks goes to James Swindle – deveoper of Review Schema WordPress plugin, some features are missing in Review Schema plugin which encouraged me to develop this plugin. Plugin banner creaded by Kulwant Nagi from Blogging Cage.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Add product review data to your posts.
- What the Author Product Review plugin does?
This plugin helps the author to add product review markups easliy. It add markup based on schema.org which increases search traffic by making SERP results more eye-catching. This plugin supports only the editorial ratings submission (author rating).
- Is it compatible with my WordPress Theme?
It should work with any WordPress theme, however if you have trouble in the layout or the way the product rating box widget is showing in post edit page, let us know and we will help you fix the display.
- I am having a problem getting it to work
If you’ve installed this plugin, and rich snippet testing tool not showing the product review markup then contact us via the Contact Us page.
Este plugin não tem avaliações.
Contribuidores e programadores
“Author Product Review” é software de código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin:Contribuidores
Interessado no desenvolvimento?
Registo de alterações
- Updated Schema.org markups code and minor bugs fixes.
- Now I dare to call this plugin STABLE.
- Fixed a “selected” attribute (Currency) issue.
- Some small bug fixes.
- Added support for 20 famous currencies, now you can choose the currency from dropdown in edit post pages.
- Improvement in Schema.org product Markup code.
- Review Date markup added. Date will display in search results after author name.
- Initial beta release.