The default WordPress “shortlink” URLs look like this:
http://www.example.com/blog/?p=123, where “
123” is actually a 7+ digit decimal number. This plugin shrinks your shortlinks by encoding that number into only 4 characters, and using the abbreviated URL prefix of your choice.
On my site, the default shortlinks are 35 bytes long, even though I have a very short domain name. This plugin shrinks them to 21 total bytes, which is comparable to most public URL-shortener services, and better than many.
This doesn’t affect your (long) permalinks: those can still be in whatever format you like.
- Upload the
base64-shortlinksdirectory to your
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- Select the “Base64 Shortlinks” menu under “Settings” and enter your Shortlink URL Prefix.
Este plugin não tem avaliações.
Contribuidores e programadores
“Base64 Shortlinks” é software de código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin:Contribuidores
Registo de alterações
- Shortlinks that happened to have “-” in them were failing. Fixed.
- Fixed a bug that affected blogs installed in the root directory of their site.
- Fixed a bug that caused shortlinks to be longer than necessary on 32-bit systems.
- Fix for WordPress 4.0.
- Eliminated some PHP warnings.
- Don’t use PHP short-open tags.