Blockolid Gather is a content aggregator which allows you to use a shortcode or gutenberg block to display related posts, pages, posts or custom post types in a grid.
In the Classic Editor Gather can be conjured using a simple shortcode such as:
[blocksolid_gather specificposttitle=”My Post”]
If you use the Block Editor / Gutenberg our included Gather block allows you to choose your related posts via certain parameters and provides a live-preview of them within your page.
If you are using our separate Blocksolid plugin as a page builder and Gutenberg overlay the Blocksolid Gather plugin also integrates well with this.
Blocksolid Gather Features
- Choose max posts
- Choose first post to return
- Choose number per row
- Choose post type
- Choose specific post title
- Order by date created, last modified, alphabetical title, random, author, relevance, menu order
- Order ascending or decending
- Hide margins between columns and rows
- Pad out incomplete final rows
- Filter by categories
- Filter by tags
- Related posts
- Choose the excerpt length
- Choose the excerpt sign-off
- Choose the excerpt sign-off
- Position media top, right, left, right or no media
- Choose media size from registered sizes including registered custom sizes
- Select a default placeholder image if a post does not have media or none at all
- Show only the media in a media grid
- Show image caption
- Link media to post
- Link caption to post
- Add media zoom hover effect
- Display videos including YouTube, Vimeo, Rumble and Dailymotion using their embed links
- Display Podcasts e.g. Buzzsprout
- Optionally show date last modified, author, categories, tags under post
Este plugin inclui 1 bloco.
Install the plugin using the WordPress ‘Add New plugin’ functionality and activate.
Once activated a new Gather block will be added to those available within the WordPress block editor – make sure that you are not hiding any!.
You can then call gather via a short code like [blocksolid_gather specificposttitle=”My Post”]
- first_post (number)
- number_per_row (number)
- order_by (‘post_date’, ‘modified’ ‘title’, ‘rand’, ‘author’, ‘relevance’, ‘menu_order’)
- ascending (true, false)
- get_related (true, false)
- specificposttitle (string)
- categories (numbers)
- tags (numbers)
- primary_category_id (number)
- post_type (‘post’, ‘page’, ‘custom-you-have-set’)
- site (number – for multisite)
- media_position (‘top, ‘right’, ‘bottom’, ‘left’, ‘none’)
- media_size (‘thumbnail, ‘medium’, ‘large’, ‘full’, ‘widescreen_thumbnail’, ‘widescreen_medium’, ‘widescreen_large’, ‘custom-you-have-set’)
- excerpt_length (number)
- excerpt_signoff (string like ‘read more…’)
- placeholder_image_src (src of image you want to use as a default placeholder)
- placeholder_image_id (id of image you want to use as a default placeholder)
- show_media_only (true, false)
- show_media_caption (true, false)
- show_media_link (true, false)
- media_hover (true, false)
- show_figcaption_link (true, false)
- hide_margins (true, false)
- final_row_pad_empty (true, false)
- show_date_created (true, false)
- show_author (true, false)
- show_categories (true, false)
show_tags (true, false)
if you use the built-in Gutenberg block editor for your website you can use the plugin’s bespoke ‘Gather’ block to place the aggregator within your content as many times as you like in whatever arrangement.
The Gather block gives you a live preview within the Gutenberg editor.
Este plugin não tem avaliações.
Contribuidores e programadores
“Blocksolid Gather” é software de código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin:Contribuidores
Traduza o “Blocksolid Gather” para o seu idioma.
Interessado no desenvolvimento?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Registo de alterações
Replaced deprecated function get_page_by_title() – 10 March 2023
Fixed bug with tags not showing if only one tag – 15 February 2023
Default image caption from post title – 10 November 2022
Removed limit on tags and categories – 04 April 2022
Added a div to layout – 08 March 2022
Added way to move meta above title – 28 February 2022
Layout tweaks – 24 February 2022
Fixed bug with author link – 10 February 2022
Added way to move title and meta and also to add excerpt as summary at top – 09 February 2022
Tweaked to respect specified excerpts – 03 February 2022
Added a class to indicate the chosen number per row – 02 February 2022
Optionally show date last modified, author, categories, tags under post – 28 January 2022
Added ability to choose to exclude specific categories – 18 January 2022
Release Date – 07 January 2022