The Change Username plugin allows you to change the usernames of your WordPress users in an easy and effective way.
We found that existing plugins to change the username in WordPress did not scale at all for sites with many different users.
This plugin does not come with its own settings page but instead simply hooks into the “edit user” form.
It then processes the form over AJAX, resulting in a much leaner & faster experience.
To see a screen animation of what the process of changing a username looks like, have a look at the Github repository’s README.
- PHP version 5.3 or later (we recommend PHP 7)
Installing the plugin
- In your WordPress admin panel, go to Plugins > New Plugin, search for Change Username and click “Install now“
- Alternatively, download the plugin and upload the contents of
change-username.zipto your plugins directory, which usually is
- Activate the plugin
- Where is the settings page?
Change Username does not come with its own settings page. You can change the username of any of your users on the page where you would normally edit that user.
- Can users change their own username?
Not right now. Only administrators with the
edit_userscapability can change usernames.
- I’ve activated the plugin but nothing happens.
Please check if your server is running PHP version 5.3 or later. The plugin will not do anything if you’re on an older version of PHP.
Contribuidores e programadores
“Change Username” é software de código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin:Contribuidores
Registo de alterações
1.0 – December 2016