Cookieless Privacy-Focused Google Analytics adds the GA tracking script to your site while configuring it in such a way that no cookies or other data are stored in the end user’s browser. With this plugin, it should not be necessary to ask for user consent in order to be compliant with GDPR and other EU legislation.
Being able to use Google Analytics without having to display a cookie consent dialog was the primary motivation behind the plugin.
IP address anonymization via
anonymizeIp is enabled by the plugin, too, of course.
How It Works
Google Analytics requires a client ID, a unique string that identifies the user’s browser and persists between page hits. Without this plugin, the client ID is generated by the Google Analytics script when a site is first visited and stored in a cookie.
This plugin basically does two things:
- Disable all Google Analytics cookies by setting
- Generate an alternative client ID on the fly whenever a page is loaded
Client ID Generation
The generated client ID does not contain any personally identifiable information. This is achieved by:
- Hashing the components that make up the client ID.
- Switching to a new ID every few days (configurable).
The following components are used to build the client ID (the string that is then hashed):
- Client IP address as seen by the webserver
- Domain of the website where the plugin is installed
- Browser user agent
- Browser language
- Validity period (a number that changes every n days to force a new client ID and prevent long-term tracking)
Install the plugin and add your Google Analytics tracking code (
UA-xxxxxx-y). That’s it.
- Google Analytics tracking code
- Validity period of the client ID in days (default: 4)
- Enable the analytics script for WordPress admins (users that have the capability
manage_options)? (default: no)
Install the plugin directly through the WordPress Admin dashboard.
Contribuidores e programadores
“Cookieless Privacy-Focused Google Analytics” é software de código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin:Contribuidores
Interessado no desenvolvimento?
Registo de alterações
- Public release on wordpress.org
- Initial release