Generates a QR Code and inserts it into a blog post (shortcode) or sidebar widget. User can edit content, set module and background color, size, padding, version, etc.
Plugin uses Esponce QR Code API 3.0 to generate a QR Code image. Image is then cached on the local WordPress server.
- user defines content: message, hyperlink, e-mail, telephone number, etc.
- parameters: module and background color, size, padding, version, etc.
- displays popup dialog in editor
- displays preview in visual mode
- displays shortcode in HTML mode
- define title and content
- change foreground and background color
- change size, padding, and additional properties
- supports multiple widget instances
Video preview is available on the official plugin page.
Visit Esponce.com if you are interested in tracking features.
Note: Plugin has been tested using XAMPP (Apache on Windows) and fresh WordPress installations with default themes. Internet is a huge network, WordPress can be hosted on various servers and customized from plugins to themes, users can access it using a sea of browsers. We are trying to do our best but just cannot guarantee to work with all configurations. So please be kind enough to write a ticket if plugin is broken in your environment.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Start using the plugin by creating widgets or inserting QR Codes to blog posts
- What is QR Code?
QR Code is well described on Wikipedia.
- How does the plugin work?
Plugin generates a QR Code image using Esponce API 3.0.
Image is then downloaded and cached so all images are served from a local server.
- Why is my QR Code not displayed?
- A parameter may have wrong value, check parameters, especially ‘size’ and colors.
- Shortcode: syntax may not be valid, try to use UI editor.
- Plugin is out of date, try to update to the latest version.
- Esponce.com is in maintenance mode or API (web service) blocks connections.
- There could be other issues, e.g. bugs or browser/platform issues.
- How to use shortcode?
Edit a post and go into HTML mode:
[qrcode content="http://www.esponce.com/" size="90x90" foreground="#1982D1"]
- content – required parameter, content to be encoded in QR Code, e.g. hyperlink, phone number, message
- size – module size (number between 1 and 20) or image size (width x height where both dimensions are equal), e.g. “3” or “100×100”
- padding – distance from edges, value between 0 and 4, each unit is represents one module
- version – defines capacity and overall image size, values from 1 to 40 or empty for auto
- ec – error correction level, values: L, M (default), H, Q
- foreground – module color, color name or #[AA]RRGGBB hex value, default is “black”
- background – background color, color name or #[AA]RRGGBB hex value, e.g. “transparent” or “#00FFFFFF”, default is “white”
- tooltip – text to appear on mouse over (‘title’ attribute)
- alt – text for ‘alt’ attribute
- class – additional CSS class names
- style – additional CSS styles
Note: double quotes are escaped as " and new lines as &br;
- A feature is not working as expected. What can I do?
There are some settings you can change. Open esp-qrcode.php in editor (or edit plugin code in WordPress) and change PHP constants:
- ESPONCE_PERMALINK_WITH_QUERY – a value indicating whether to include URL query in permalink: true to add query strings (default value), false for no query strings (smaller QR code)
- ESPONCE_ENABLE_CACHING – enable image caching: true to save generated QR Code image on local server (more reliable), false to always generate new image from web service (frequent content changes)
Este plugin não tem avaliações.
Contribuidores e programadores
“Esponce QR Code Generator” é software de código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin:Contribuidores
Interessado no desenvolvimento?
Registo de alterações
- Widget: fixed issue for permalink
- Widget: advanced options: tooltip, alt, alignment
- Shortcode: extra options: alt, ec, class, style
- Shortcode: fixed issues with escaping quotes
- QR Code size can be specified as “width x height”
- Bug fixes
- Widget: added caption
- Widget: added permalink
- Added caching
- Bug fixes
- Improved widget and shortcode
- First release