If you embed a video from YouTube or Vimeo, some data may be transferred to the video provider prior to clicking on the video.
This is problematic according to the data protection regulation, because a user should know, where their personal data is transferred to and stored.
If you want to implement a 2-click solution for your embedded videos, just install this plugin. It hooks into the Elementor Video Widget and shows an explanation text about privacy.
The user can then decide to allow showing the embedded videos. An informational session cookie will be set, so that the user does not have to allow the embedded videos again until the browser is closed.
Alternatively, the user can use a direct link to the youtube video.
Installing ‘Extra Privacy for Elementor’ can be done either by searching for ‘Extra Privacy for Elementor’ via the ‘Plugins > Add New’ screen in your WordPress dashboard, or by using the following steps:
- Download the plugin via WordPress.org
- Upload the ZIP file through the ‘Plugins > Add New > Upload’ screen in your WordPress dashboard
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contribuidores e programadores
“Extra Privacy for Elementor” é software de código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin:Contribuidores
“Extra Privacy for Elementor” foi traduzido para 1 locale. Obrigado aos tradutores pelas suas contribuições.
Traduza o “Extra Privacy for Elementor” para o seu idioma.
Interessado no desenvolvimento?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Registo de alterações
- added code to avoid php warnings when $_GET Variable not set
- tested for WP 5.2
- added close button for hovertext
- tested for WP 5.1
- minor change in german formal language file
- changed method to get video_url to support dynamic video url fields
- added language files for DE-formal
- elementor changed the video URL, fixed in this release
- fixed problem with caching plugins (first workaround)
- added translation for placeholder fallback text
- Added a fallback, if no placeholder image is set
- You can now use the Image Overlay Option in Video, to replace the default placeholder image per video
- fixed height problem with Google Maps placeholder
- prevent placeholder from showing up in edit mode (for videos too)
- fixed minor documentation
- prevent placeholder from showing up in edit mode (for maps)
- added support for google maps
- changed layout for play button
- changed the cookie into a pure session cookie that is deleted when the browser is closed to improve data privacy
- fixed some problems with german translation
- fixed some display errors
- added placeholder image
- cleaned up unnecessary files
- Initial release