A sequential and visual representation of WordPress action and filter hooks. Up until now, the way theme and plugin developers find where to hook into with their add_action() and add_filter() functions is either to search through the WordPress codebase or find a reference to the hook in the codex.
What Show Hooks does is give you a simpler way to see these hooks by displaying them in-line on the page that you are on. All that’s left to do then is copy the hook you need, and paste it into your add_action and add_filter functions like this:
add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘my_enqueue_scripts_action’ );
add_filter( ‘the_title’, ‘my_the_title_filter’ );
I made this plugin so I could find WordPress hooks quicker and I use it all the time, so I thought I’d share it and see if it could help others.
Please note that in odd cases, due to the nature of actions and filters, the plugin may display a hook in place that disrupts the display of your site – in which case we always display the ‘Hide Hooks’ button so you can switch it back off. This won’t disrupt the look of your site to anyone but you so don’t worry.
Show Hooks Needs Your Support
It is hard to continue development and support for this free plugin without contributions from users like you. If you enjoy using Show Hooks and find it useful, please consider making a donation. Your donation will help encourage and support the plugin’s continued development and better user support.
🔥 WHAT’S NEXT
If you like Show Hooks, then consider checking out our other WordPress Plugins
🤖 The Intelligent – A machine learning artificial intelligence that analyses all the sales of your WooCommerce shop in a smart way, it learns from them, and then it is able to predict the most relevant products suggession to your customers, thus increasing sales 💰
Contribute to Show Hooks
If you want to contribute to the project, you’re most welcome to make it happen. The full source code is available on GitHub. If you find anything improbable, feel free to shoot a bug report or create a pull request.
- Install either via the WordPress.org plugin directory or by uploading the files to your server.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Once the plugin is activated you will see ‘Show Hooks’ in the Admin Bar at the top of your site or admin pages.
- Clicking the ‘Show Hooks’ button will start showing you all the action hooks on the page you’re on.
- You can continue to navigate around until you’ve found the action hook you’re looking for, then switch off by clicking ‘Hide Hooks’.
- Simple but effective. Enjoy!
Contribuidores e programadores
“Show Hooks” é software de código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin:Contribuidores
Registo de alterações
- Fix – Conflict with WooCommerce checkout page
- Fix – Conflict with Redirection plugin
- Fix – Fiter hooks panel showing when only actions are selected
- New – Draggable hook panel
- Fix – Style issues
- New – Show/Hide link
- Fix – Style issues
- Check – WordPess 5.8 compatibility
- Check – WordPess 5.7 compatibility
- Check – WordPess 5.6 compatibility
- Remove – Show Showing Hooks notification bar from top-right corner
- Add – Hooks linked to WordPress Codex
- Improve – Visual element mapping on page
- Beta release.