This plugin integrates the SIMILE Timeline into WordPress and provides an option interface for the various timeline settings.
Developed by SIMILE Labs, the Timeline is a web widget for visualizing temporal data.
- Include individual categories to be displayed in the timeline
- Build a lifestream timeline with RSS feeds from your WordPress link archive
- Customize colors for timeline bands and categories
- Supports multiple instances on different pages by using a template tag
- Display individual icons or images with custom fields
- Display image attachments from posts in the timeline
- Comes with English, German, Italian and Spanish language files
- SIMILE Project for providing the Timeline script API and releasing useful, semantic applications.
- John Lim of PHP Everywhere for creating the ADOdb Date Library, making date formatting with dates before 1970 a charm.
- Gianni Diurno for the Italian translations.
- Marcis G. for the Belorussian translation
- Unpack the ZIP-archive
- Delete or deactivate any previous versions of this plugin.
- Copy or upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the WordPress plugins page
<?php stl_simile_timeline(); ?>or the shortcode
[similetimeline]in your page or post
- Specify the page ID of the page where you included the Timeline on the Options > SIMILE Timeline page
(Set this value to 0 to include the Timeline script on all pages)
- Enable categories on the Timeline options page
To include the Timeline in a page or post, you can use a PHP template tag or WordPress shortcode:
<?php stl_simile_timeline(); ?>
General problem solving
For support in this direction I recommend the SIMILE Google Group and the SIMILE Wiki.
- Most basic problems have been discussed and mostly fixed in the blog comments.
- http://groups.google.com/group/wp-simile-timeline is the official discussion group of this plugin which replaces the blog comment support since 21-03-2009.
The timeline does not show up in my page or post
- Make sure you have the shortcode
<?php stl_simile_timeline(); ?>set up in your page or post.
- Make sure that you have included the
- Make sure you have the shortcode
The timeline does not show any posts
- The content for the timeline is retrieved inside the XML file
/wp-content/plugins/wp-simile-timeline/data/timeline.xml.php. Try to
call that file directly to see if posts show up there.
- When the XML file shows posts and seems valid, try to clean your browser cache and refresh the timeline page.
- Make sure you have checked at least one category to be timelined on the settings page and that there are public posts in that category.
- The content for the timeline is retrieved inside the XML file
There are no titles showing in the timeline
- Please check if you have marked the checkbox Show labels for the desired band.
Este plugin não tem avaliações.
Contribuidores e programadores
“WP SIMILE Timeline” é software de código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin:Contribuidores
Traduza o “WP SIMILE Timeline” para o seu idioma.
Interessado no desenvolvimento?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Registo de alterações
- WordPress 4.0 compatibility
- Fixed start and end dates for posts
- Fixed faulty SQL queries
- Various bugfixes
- Fixed wpdb::prepare() calls with second parameter
- Fix for custom taxonomies with empty query_var
- Fixes ‘insufficient permissions error’ when deleting hotzones
- Fix for direct link of posts when image attachments are shown in timeline
- Event dates enabled for custom post types with category or post_tag support
- Fixes issue with uncontrollable redirect to history.html?0
- Support for WordPress tags and custom taxonomies
- Support for custom post types that use standard taxonomies (categories and tags)
- WordPress 3.3 compatibility (WordPress 2.x not supported anymore)
- Changed the date formatting for info bubbles according to WordPress date/time option
- New option to show/hide the event date inside the popup bubble
- Correctly parsing RSS links with SimplePie (fixes XML parsing errors)
- Fixed issues with hotzones and decorators not saving at all on certain installations
- Plugin activation hook is now correctly executed
- Fixed initialization issues with WP 3.0 (Status code 404 on external scripts)
- Fixed initialization issues when prototype.js is used (empty timeline frame)
- Fixed missing argument error in template function
- Timeline is correctly inserted at the position of the shortcode
- Timeline start and stop boundaries can be defined
- Added contextual documentation links (WordPress help tab)
- Added Belorussian language files (thanks to Marcis G.)
- Various fixes for WordPress 3.0 compatibility
- Implemented contextual help links (inside the small help tab in the admin interface). The documentation will move to the Google group soon.
- Renamed custom stylesheet template timeline.css to /data/custom.css
- Fully switched admin page implementation to PHP classes
- Updated Italian locale
- Updated screenshots
- Fixed bug when creating link categories
- WordPress 2.9 ready
- Fixed output post content in popup bubbles (Formatting and more tag are preseved)
- Added confirmation dialog on hotzone and decorator deletion (Admin page)
- Admin page bugfixes
- Reverted to default styling of event icons (removes grey border)
- Solved issues with PHP 4 compatibility
- Added support for customizable Hotzones and Highlight Decorators
- New option to use image attachments from posts to display in the timeline (Compact Painter)
- Uses new API version from SIMILE servers
- Updated interface options in the design tab
- Fixed saving bug of active categories (again)
- Fixed color picker position on options page
- Implemented security measures for query strings in frontend files (js,xml)
- Fixed bug when adding categories after plugin initialization
- Fixed two misspelled language namespace identifiers on options page
- Updated i18n: Fully translated in Italian
- Markup fixes on admin options page (plus new color picker)
- Compatible up to WordPress 2.8.5
- Fixes major bug when saving category settings on timeline options page (due to a deprecated action hook).
- Updated i18n: Fully translated in German
- WordPress 2.8.4 compatibility
- Markup and stability fixes on option pages. Fixes Setting-get-erased-bug (thanks to Shane and Erin)
- Fixed Jump to link location-bug (thanks to rudevich)
- Fixed: Database-options were initialized with empty values
- IMPORTANT: The plugin drops compatibility with WP 2.3 due to the usage of WP 2.5 specific post interface methods as well as jQuery UI tabs.
- IMPORTANT: The custom field options
timeline_linkwere renamed! See the online-documentation for new syntax!
- Implemented new date options for imprecise events (latestStart and earliestEnd) in post panel
- Tab-enhanced admin interface using WordPress built-in jQuery UI Tabs (renders plugin only compatible with WP 2.5+)
- Implemented uninstall method to remove plugin-related database entries (also helpful for troubleshooting)
- Fixed: Only active categories with at least one post were listed on the options page
- Updated SIMILE API URL to new location
- Generic fixes for changes in the new SIMILE API
- Timeline-themes are handled completely via CSS (An integrated dynamic theme processes the option settings).
- Updated Italian locale files (thanks to Gianni Diurno)
- Fixed directory names in FAQ
- Implemented new shortcode and function parameter
scriptfileto load custom JS init file from the data folder.
- Added reset option for start and end date option in post interface.
- Added new option for the timeline start focus.
- Added new option to change click event for timeline entries.
- Included ADOdb Date Time Library to make dates before 1970 possible (replaced
- Added version check on option-page entry to prevent update and initialisation problems
- New post option to define event start date (in addition to the end date) to visualize durations
- Fixed date formatting in XML file (thanks to Ben ter Stal)
- Fixed IE XML parsing errors
- Extended shortcode and template functions with optional parameters for categories
- Removed duplicate closing brace in timeline.xml
- Fixed link to options page inside plugin description
- Fixed whitespace error in XML data when using
- Fixed PHP error on plugin activation.
- Included Italian locale files (contributed by Gianni Diurno)
- Link categories can also be selected for the timeline: If a link holds an RSS-link, the specific feed is parsed and read into the timeline.
Specify a link image to style your feed entries in the timeline (e.g a favicon of the feed service).
- Refactored acquisition of categories with WP core functions (taxonomy.php)
- Fixed blank admin menu page on some installations. Now uses the correct API hook
- Fixed inital installation of database table for MySQL4 and default configuration options.
- Added optional custom field timeline_link to define a custom link for the title inside the timeline bubble.
- Set showposts to maximum. All entries from the selected categories are shown.
- Fixed XML output of the content using WordPress core sanitization functions from
wp-includes/formatting. Styled content is possible now.
- Introduced localized option page for en_US and de_DE. Contributors are welcome!
- Added options for timeline resolution (year, month, week, day, hour) and its interval width in pixels. This replaces the vague resolution selection from previous versions and allows better customisation.
- Fixed markup and CSS for end date in the post write panel.
- Fixed broken option page form action
- Fixed add_option_page file parameter. Got invalid link options page on some installations
- Fixed register_activation_hook for installing Timeline category table
- Fixed plugin folder references due to new foldername by WP plugin directory
- Replaced key-comment with shortcode [similetimeline]
- WP 2.6 compatibility
- Updated backend GUI with new WordPress CSS classes
- Fixed the loop in the xml file. The content now shows up in the info bubbles.
- Added Ootion to display future posts
- WP 2.3 compatibility. post2cat queries replaced with inner joins on the taxonomy tables (see https://wordpress.org/support/topic/137793)
- Added database table stl_timeline_terms for category options to database (outsourcing from core tables)
- Fixed option “Show Labels” – nothing was saved because of a typo in the name attribute
- Colors can be defined for categories and the Timeline design
- Future Posts that are published will be displayed by the timeline
- Loading notification for larger timelines now works
- WordPress MU compatibility
- Introduced CSS file to style timeline size, border and info bubbles
- Posts can now have an end-date to visualize durations
- Titles are linked to full entries
- Multiple categories can be “timelined”
- (15/10/2006) r60: Initial release