Add content from multiple post types on one page with a dropdown to switch between them. Dropdowns are displayed on the frontend of your site and can query posts via Ajax, inline, or redirection.
- Create unlimited dropdowns
- Display on any post or page using the included shortcode
- Drag and drop posts to reorder them within a dropdown
- Decrease page load by dynamically querying posts via Ajax
- Use inline dropdowns to quickly switch between posts
- Redirection method also available
Developers can contribute via the Ajax Dropdowns GitHub Repository.
Translators can contribute new languages to Ajax Dropdowns and our other WordPress plugins through Transifex.
- WordPress 3.0 or greater
- PHP version 5.2.4 or greater
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t even need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of Ajax Dropdown, log in to your WordPress admin panel, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type “Ajax Dropdown” and click Search Plugins. Once you’ve found the plugin you can view details about it such as the point release, rating and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by simply clicking Install Now. After clicking that link you will be asked if you’re sure you want to install the plugin. Click yes and WordPress will automatically complete the installation.
The manual installation method involves downloading the plugin and uploading it to your webserver via your favorite FTP application.
- Download the plugin file to your computer and unzip it
- Using an FTP program, or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped plugin folder to your WordPress installation’s wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins menu within the WordPress admin.
Automatic updates should work like a charm; as always though, ensure you backup your site just in case.
Contribuidores e programadores
“Ajax Dropdowns” é software de código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin:Contribuidores
Registo de alterações
- Fix – Automatically display content of first option in widget.
- Feature – Enable shortcode to be used in text widgets.
- Fix – Explicitly load jQuery.
- Localization – Use ajax-dropdowns textdomain. Props @suifengtec
- Localization – Update translations.
- Feature – Add no content option to display dropdown only in redirect mode.
- Feature – Enable bulk adding all posts of a post type.
- Tweak – Order posts by title in admin.
- Feature – Add URL parameter method to dropdown options.
- Refactor – Change behavior or redirect method to link directly to post.
- Feature – Grey out duplicate posts in dropdown.
- Feature – Display number of posts available in each post type.
- Fix – Posts limited to 5 per post type in dropdown.
- Beta release.