Product Page | Video | Demo | User Guide | Additional CM Plugins
Easily add footnotes to any and all of your WordPress pages and posts with the CreativeMinds WordPress footnotes plugin. 2023 Improved Version
The WordPress Footnotes plugin allows you to easily add footnotes and citations to any page or post on your WordPress site.
This footnotes plugin lets users customize powerful footnotes, images, styles and citations to your site content and cite sources of your material with a user friendly in-page meta box.
The footnotes plugin supports adding multiple footnotes to any page or post on a WordPress site. Also, users have the ability to hide or collapse footnotes quickly and easily.
This footnotes plugin creates a central index of all footnotes on one page for easy user navigation. The page displays your custom footnotes next to any related pages or posts.
Basic Footnotes Plugin Features
- Add a footnote to every page or post, or custom post types.
- Customize the basic footnote style and design.
- Footnotes can be placed anywhere in the post or page using a shortcode.
- Specify unique footnote link symbols for each definition.
- Supports autoscrolling from the footnote link to the definition at the bottom of the page
Pro Version Features
Pro Version Detailed Features List | Demo Site
- Supports backlinks to footnotes from definitions at the bottom of the page.
- Extended styling settings for footnote links, footnote list at the bottom of the page and for tooltips.
- Add dashicons to every footnote. These are displayed next to the definition at the bottom of the page, making your articles much more attractive.
- Add external links to each footnote definition.
- Display definitions in posts and pages as nice-looking tooltips.
How to Use the Footnotes Plugin
Mark your page or post text and create footnotes to show citation information. You can choose to display those endnotes on all pages and customize the central index page.
footnote, endnotes, bibliography, citation, referencing, pages, posts,definitions, footnotes, automatic,editing, Formatting, writing, notes, reference, referencing, read, tooltips, shortcode, note, footnotes plugin, endnotes plugin, plugin, citations, pages, posts, reference, writing
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube | Pinterest | FaceBook
Suggested Plugins by CreativeMinds
- CM Ad Changer – Manage, Track and Report Advertising Campaigns Across Sites. Can turn your Turn your WP into an Ad Server
- CM Super ToolTip Glossary – Easily creates a Glossary, Encyclopaedia or Dictionary of your website’s terms and shows them as a tooltip in posts and pages when hovering. With many more powerful features.
- CM Download Manager – Allows users to upload, manage, track and support documents or files in a download directory listing database for others to contribute, use and comment upon.
- CM Answers Plugin – A fully-featured WordPress Questions & Answers Plugin that allows you to build multiple discussion forum systems Just like StackOverflow, Yahoo Answers and Quora, Now with MicroPayment and Anonymous posting support!.
- CM MicroPayments – Adds the in-site support for your own “virtual currency”. The purpose of this plugin is to allow in-site transactions without the necessity of processing the external payments each time (quicker & easier). Developers can use it as a platform to integrate with their own plugins.
- CM Restrict Content – A full-featured, powerful membership solution and content restriction plugin for WordPress. Support access by role to content on your site.
- CM OnBoarding – Superb Guidance tool which improves the online experience and
the user satisfaction.
- CM Booking Calendar – Customers can easily schedule appointments and pay for them directly through your website.
- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Active o plugin no menu Plugins
- Define your footnote terms under the footnote menu item in the administration interface. The title of the page should be the term. The body content should be the definition.
- Create a main footnote page (example “Footnote”) with no body content if you wish to. If you do not create this page then your terms will still be highlighted but there will not be a central listing of all your terms.
- In the plugin’s dashboard preferences, enter the main footnote page’s id (optional as above)
- There are a handful of other optional preferences available in the dashboard.
Note: You must have a call to wp_head() in your template in order for the footnote js and css to work properly. If your theme does not support this you will need to link to these files manually in your theme (not recommended).
Contribuidores e programadores
“CM Footnotes” é software de código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin:Contribuidores
Traduza o “CM Footnotes” para o seu idioma.
Interessado no desenvolvimento?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Registo de alterações
Release Date: 21st Mar 2023
* Update package info
Release Date: 23th Nov 2022
* Fixed the bug when displaying the footnotes on the archive/blog/home page
Release Date: 9th Nov 2022
* Replace Internal support links