glTF is an emerging open standard for the transmission and storage of 3D models. This plugin allows you to upload these models in “Embedded JSON” and Binary formats. Currently, inline rendering is only supported for the JSON format.
The ultimate goal of this plugin is to provide a 3D “post type” (gltf_scene) which allows the user to compose an interactive scene populated by objects that represent other content from their site (e.g. a book containing posts in a particular category, a door leading to another page or site). It is also a goal to make this content work best in VR headsets, but with a workable fallback for browsers.
It also has basic WebVR support, where available.
- Unzip this plugin in the
- Activate the “glTF Media Type” plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Upload .gltf or .glb files via the Media browser, or via the Add Media button for posts/pages.
- Embed the 3D object in posts using a shortcode, like `[gltf_model scale=”1.0″ url=”http://mywordpresssite.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/model.gltf”]. Note: You may get that full URL from the Media browser by selecting the file and copying the link.
- You may also create a “GLTF Scene” using the “Scene” post type, and attaching a 3D model on the post edit page.
Este plugin não tem avaliações.
Contribuidores e programadores
“GLTF Media Type” é software de código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin:Contribuidores
Traduza o “GLTF Media Type” para o seu idioma.
Interessado no desenvolvimento?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Registo de alterações
- Added RayInput support
- Added WebVR support
- Fetch gltf_scene data as post via REST API
- Add gltf_scene post type
- First version, just basic rendering