Author: Fahad Mahmood
Project URI: http://androidbubble.com/blog/wordpress/widgets/rss-feed-widget
License: GPL 3. See License below for copyright jots and tittles.
RSS Feed Widget is a free WordPress plugin for rss feeds display. It is simple to use as after installation you see a menu item under settings. Easily to get started with this plugin, select image size for your feed and save changes. For more customization, you can install Chameleon and choose desired style. This plugin also provides to filter or mute words/text/sentences etc. To filter any word/text/sentence open filter tab and enter word/text/sentence as one per line.
You can also choose various image sizes for your feed like thumbnail, medium, large or post thumbnail etc. It also provides the facility of creating shortcode based pages. The shortcode tab describes that how can you create shotcode based pages. The most important and special feature is Advanced Settings. Advanced settings tab allows you to reach custom tag in strange XML based feeds for images.
Visit my blog and suggest good features which you wana see in this plugin.
feed, facebook, youtube, shortcodes, slider, image, widget, page, techcrucnch, news, updates, aggragator, slideshow, feedly
How to use shortcodes for content pages?
This WordPress Plugin is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 2 of the License, or any later version. This free software is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this software. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html.
To use RSS Feed Widget, you will need:
* an installed and configured copy of [WordPress]
(version 3.0 or later).
* FTP, SFTP or shell access to your web host
How to get started with RSS Feed Widget?
Appearnace > Widgets > Drag and Drop widget into any sidebar to get it displayed on your website.
Enter RSS Feed URL and Save.
Select image size which you want to use in your rss feeds. Save Changes. (optional)
How to customize appearance of rss feed?
You can install Chameleon to customize appearance of rss feed.
Can I change image size of my rss feed?
Yes, you can change image size. Open RSS Feed Widget Settings. Select Image Size tab and then select image size as you require.
Can I create shortcode based pages in this plugin?
Yes, in the Settings page select Shortcode tab to create shortcode based pages.
Advanced Settings facilitate you to enter XML tags hierarchy to reach custom tag for images. All instructions are available in Advanced Settings tab which is on RSS Feed Widget Settings page.
Contribuidores e programadores
“RSS Feed Widget” é software de código aberto. As seguintes pessoas contribuíram para este plugin:Contribuidores
Traduza o “RSS Feed Widget” para o seu idioma.
Interessado no desenvolvimento?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Registo de alterações
- Warning fixed for the parameter “t” on the settings page. [16/02/2023][Thanks to Alcione Ferreira / ksombrah]
- New features added. [06/05/2022][Thanks to Uchechukwu Agodom]
- Assets updated.
- Styles updated.
- Image size option revised. [Thanks to Toni Arch]
- Text to display option added. [Thanks to Team Ibulb Work & @gnfb]
- Array to string conversion issue fixed for particular feed URL. [Thanks to Team AB]
- Bxslider paths corrected. [Thanks to Team WTB & Team AB]
- New shortcodes features added. [Thanks to Team Ibulb Work & Team GP Themes]
- Click problem for title and images in feeds, resolved for Chrome browser. [Thanks to Francesco Gentile & Team Ibulb Work]
- A few CSS styles improvements regarding widgets area. [Thanks to Francesco Gentile]
- An updated related to XSS vulnerability was reported. [Thanks to WordPress Plugin Review Team]
- An updated related CSS fix.
- Feed title and link related tweaks. [Thanks to Paul from Germany]
- Screenshots revnewed, FAQ’s and description updated. [Thanks to Team GP Themes]
- Added new features in this version including custom xml tag to get missing feed images. [Thanks to Robert Åberg]
- Fixed the problem related to description and content tag in feeds. [Thanks to CAA]
- Fixed a notice in functions php. [Thanks to Marionne Patel]
- Fixed a notice in functions php. [Thanks to liquid32601]
- Enclosure medium check added to handle secure url for images. [Thanks to limone111]
- Added ajax based widget updates. [Thanks to P.C.G. Hazes]
- Improved a few more things regarding variables. [Thanks to Paul Vogel & Grzegorz Turski]
- Reported bugs are fixed. [Thanks to Jason & Paul]
- Multiple feeds related shift to single item revised. [Thanks to Paul Vogel]
- Multiple feeds enabled with feed title display. [Thanks to Peter Hazes]
- Image only option was broken, it has been restored. [Thanks to Jason]
- Multiple feeds introduced as a premium feature.
- Introduced shortcodes based youtube embedding option.
- Fixed the problem related to xml extensions regarding query parameters. [Thanks to CAA]
- Sort order random option improved. [Thanks to BingoBingo]
- Sort order random option. [Thanks to BingoBingo]
- Cache related issue resolved. [Thanks to Alexis William Cr]
- BX Slider scripts and styling will not load if slider option isn’t selected. [Thanks to Beunoit]
- Fixed appearance widget area jQuery selector related DOM refresh issue. [Thanks to Eric SALLES]
- Sanitized input and fixed direct file access issues.
- Fixed a serious vulnerability from sanitizing aspect. [Thanks to robcruiz & Mika Epstein]
- Feeds can be displayed without remote link too. [Thanks to CAA & Olybop]
- Censorship added.
- Fixed: Text extract appended with … even if all text from the feed is displayed.
- Enclosure tag improved. [Thanks to Angela]
- Sort by date provided with a few more improvements. [Thanks to Roeland Klein Haneveld]
- Releasing version 2.5.0 after testing with latest WordPress version 4.8 again.
- Releasing version 2.4.9 after testing with latest WordPress version 4.8.
- A few improvements.
- Filter RSS Feeds option added to settings page. [Thanks to Ronke T]
- HTML cleanup function refined and cache related issue to transient filters resolved so FB can recognize the tags correctly. [Thanks to Emanuele Persiani – ABC-OnLine]
- Enclosure tag refined. [Thanks to Andy Barnes]
- Image pick option added in advance settings. [Thanks to robertschlackman]
- Enclosure tag refined.
- Enclosure tag handled. [Thanks to emotionaltrash]
- Display type added in advance settings section. [Thanks to suikalum]
- A few new features added.
- Featured images in RSS feeds option provided.
- Adding a few new features.
- Notices and warnings handled and URL field trimmed on submission.
- Facebook App, Page, Group Feeds can be linked as well.
- wp_feed_cache_transient_lifetime feature added.
- krsort() warning handled.
- A new feature is added to sort feeds Ascending or Descending. [Support Provided to nahanter23]
- A new feature is added to set widget height. [Support Provided to redtailboas]
- Pagination has been fixed.
- Few layout improvements.